A - Z of Walt Disney World

17 July 2018


Ah, the happiest place on earth; formally known as Walt Disney World. I loved every moment of it and wanted to relive it through an A-Z. I decided the parks couldn't be included as it made it too easy... now I wish I hadn't made that decision... 

A - "And Welcome Home"
Every time the announcement said this on the bus when we arrived back at the resort I wanted to cry. I can still hear it as clearly as if I were still there!

B - Blaze Pizza 
This was a toss up between Blaze Pizza and Big Thunder Mountain, but ultimately Blaze Pizza just made more of a lasting impact. CREATE YOUR OWN PIZZA IS LIFE

C - Characters
Specifically my bae Tigger. Although, overall, Character meets are mega awks (anyone else think this?)

D - Dinosaurs 
I love dino-land. I feel like it's a very underrated part of Animal Kingdom; it's so colourful and fun!

E - Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow
Okay I KNOW I said I wouldn't use parks but I never knew EPCOT was an anagram for this until I overheard a lady telling her child on the bus... how cool! The more you know

F - FOOD
The bread service at Sanaa. The lobster mac & cheese at Coral Reef. The Katsu Curry at Katsura Grill. EVERYTHING MICKEY SHAPED (waffles, ice cream, cupcakes etc.)

G - Gaston's Tavern 
I really wanted to get LeFou's brew in a souvenir stein but they were sold out (also it's not a good drink). But the whole Beauty and the Beast area of Magic Kingdom is so cute!

H - Happily Ever After
Also known as the most emotional firework show of all time. "Grab ahold of your dreams and make them come true. For you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go. Let your dreams guide you. Reach out and find your Happily Ever After" 

I - Ice Cream Sandwiches
Basically I ate my way around all the ice cream cookie sandwiches bc they are the BEST! Hollywood Scoops 10/10 would recommend

J - Journeys 
Every form of transport is somehow better at Disney World. Bus. Boat. Monorail. Anywhere else this things would be mundane.

K - Kilimanjaro Safari 
One of my favourite attractions! You get to see so many animals on the safari, I just wish we'd gone early morning or late night as I've heard the animals are more active then! It's incredible whatever time you choose though!

L - Lazy Afternoons 
Every day we'd head out to the parks around 9am and go back to resort around 2/3 (before heading back out around 6). We'd spend a few hours lounging round the pool drinking cocktails and it was so nice to unwind.

M - Magic
Magic Bands. Magic Kingdom. There's magic everywhere!

N - Nighttime 
The parks at nighttime are truly spectacular. The shows, the lights, the atmosphere. It's so special seeing the parks all lit up!

O - On Site Resorts 
We stayed on site at Port Orleans French Quarter which was so magical. Next time we're hoping to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. But I'd also looove to stay at Beach Club, Polynesian, and of course, Grand Floridian! Or basically anywhere Disney!

P - Pandora
I know Pandora isn't typical Disney but the level of detail is incredible. And the food/drink there was so good!

Q - Quick Service
We had so many delicious quick service meals; D-Luxe Burger, Casey's Corner (the cheese sauce is amazing), Sassagoula Floatworks at POFQ (make your own pasta made fresh in front of you and beignets, yaaas), Satu'li Canteen, Cookes of Dublin, and Yak and Yeti... to name a few!

R - Rivers of Light
Such a spectacular show! Admittedly I wasn't totally blown away but it's so amazing to see the images project across the water. It's nice to see something different to fireworks.

S - Splash Mountain
I have the full ride song on my Disney playlist. I think that says it all.

T - Terrifying Tower of Terror
The worst experience of my life. NEVER AGAIN! It's called Tower of TERROR for a reason!

U - Under the Sea
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, and of course Coral Reef. The restaurant in an aquarium so you can watch the fish swim around as you eat!

V - TV
(I'm allowed to use the 2nd letter, right?) The Disney info channel is the best thing ever. Whenever you turn on the TV, BAM, it's there. The Disney music, the pictures of the parks, it was the best!

W - Water Parks
The theming of Blizzard Beach is amazing. But Typhoon Lagoon is so just... better!

X - My Disney Experience App 
(X is a hard letter ok? There's an X in there somewhere!) This app is a life saver around the parks! I used it to check wait times, book fast passes, link photopass photos, book dining reservations; it's basically everything you need in one place!

Y - Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy 
"Here you leave today and enter a world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy" - Walt Disney

Z - Zoo
Ok I know there's not specifically a zoo but Animal Kingdom is very zoo-like. We saw the cutest baby tiger!


Let me know what some of your A-Z would be!



2 comments

  1. Such an amazing plaee!!!!! So beautiful!! xx

    www.caitlingolder.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to Disney once (when I was 12) but to this day I tell people it was my best holiday ever! x

    rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete

© Claudemorts. Design by Fearne.