Belle Paris!

5 October 2016


I've wanted to go to Paris FOREVER! I actually took GCSE French so that I could go on to annual trip to Paris. And guess what? We went to Normandy instead. Just my luck, right? That was in 2008 and it wasn't until 2016 that I finally got to go.

My time in Paris was mainly touristy. We visited The Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Élysée, The Louvre, Notre-Dame Cathedral, and Sainte-Chapelle. And, of course, Disneyland!! When we arrived at our hotel we could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Thinking it would be a 5 minute walk we headed in that direction. 30 minutes later we were still walking! When we finally got to it I was completely awestruck - it was a million times bigger than I ever imagined! It's incredible. By the time we got there we were starving so we headed around the corner to a little restaurant called Firmine. We ate delicious pasta and it was the perfect first day. 

Day 2 was completely exhausting. We travelled from our hotel to The Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe to Sainte-Chapelle to Notre-Dame Cathedral to Champs-Élysée to The Eiffel Tower! It was amazing to see so many sights but also ruined by the fact that my feet were full of blisters! Tip: wear comfy shoes! 

If you're planning on visiting Paris I would definitely recommend visiting Sainte-Chapelle. It's honestly one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Outside it doesn't look like anything special but inside it's so magical. I'd recommend it over Notre-Dame for sure.

When eating out I think we chose the worst places possible. It was ridiculously expensive - £10 for a large coke? Crazy! Just don't eat whilst you're there. You'll lose some weight and save some money. Almost win win.

Overall, Paris is beautiful, and probably one of the best weekends ever.













Post a Comment

© Claudemorts. Design by Fearne.