Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella Icing

15 October 2016


Today I decided to make Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella Icing. I've been toying with this idea for ages and honestly the only thing that stopped me is the fact that I'm TERRIBLE at making buttercream. I don't really know what I do so wrong but it always goes wrong. Seeing ItsLittleLauren post so many amazing photos of cupcakes on Instragram makes me think, I can do this, how hard can it be? In hindsight, very.

I made the buttercream as I always do but added in Nutella. It went horribly - kind of like jelly. I'm also terrible at piping. But I'm confident that if somebody else made these they would not look or taste this bad!

Ingredients:

3 Eggs
6 oz Self Raising Flour
6 oz Caster Sugar
6 0z Butter or Margarine 
Vanilla Essence 

7oz Butter or Margarine
7oz Icing Sugar
Nutella 

Method: 

Turn the oven onto Gas Mark 4

Mix together the sugar and butter. Once this is nice and creamy separate the egg yolks and whites. Add the yolks to the mixture. Sieve the flour into the mixture along with the egg whites and fold together. Add around 1 dessert spoon of vanilla essence

Put the mixture into the cake cases and bake in the oven until done. This usually takes around 30 minutes but just keep checking.

Whilst the cakes are cooling make the buttercream mixture. Beat the butter until it's soft and then add the icing sugar. Mix together until you have a nice smooth mixture. Add the Nutella!! I added around 3 dessert spoons but you can add less/more as per your preference! 

Once the cakes are cool you can then ice them!

AND THEN EAT!



Post a Comment

© Claudemorts. Design by Fearne.