Rocky Road Recipe

4 September 2016


Whenever I want to make Rocky Road I've always followed the recipe on Tanya Burr's blog. Honestly, it's amazing! So chocoalte-y and marshmallow-y! YUM! 

Recently, I've been playing about with the recipe and making a few changes to spice it up a bit so I thought it would be fun to share it with you! Your taste buds will thank you! 

What you'll need: 

Rectangle Baking Tin 
Saucepan
Glass Bowl
Baking Paper

Ingredients: 

200g Milk Chocolate 
180g Dark Chocolate
150g Unsalted Butter
250g Cookies
100g Mini Marshmallows
4 x Crunchies 
4tbsp Golden Syrup 
Icing Sugar 

Method:

Firstly, you want to melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup. I usually do this by boiling a small pot of water and placing a glass bowl over the saucepan. I then break up the milk and dark chocolate and let it melt. Once it has melted a bit I add the butter - usually cut up into cubes so it melts easier. Then add in the golden syrup and wait for it to fully melt. 

Whilst this chocolate is melting I smash up the cookies and crunchies together in a bag. You can smash them as much as you want but I like to smash most up but then leave some chunks. 

Once the chocolate has fully melted into melty goodness - try not to eat it - you can add in the marshmallows and biscuits. Just stir it all together until it's fully mixed together. 

Line the baking tin with the baking paper and pour in the mixture. Then leave it in the fridge to set. Leave it for a few hours or until you think it's set. I usually end up taking it out too early as I can't wait any longer! 

When your rocky road it set cut it into chunks, sieve some icing sugar over the top, and serve! 





Post a Comment

© Claudemorts. Design by Fearne.