My Everyday Make Up

23 October 2016


I often see posts about make up collections, showing off tons and tons of lipsticks, highlighters, and eyeshadow palettes! Only slightly jealous! Unlike those lucky few, I pretty much only have the make up that I wear day in and day out. Sure, a lot of it is high end, but it's all I have. So - this is basically a make up collection post!


THE FACE 
Featuring a dog chewed Real Techniques brush - thanks Fergus

Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - I thought I should feature a primer because everybody seems to love them. I don't. Firstly I tried Smashbox's primer but it made my skin SO dry I was like a snake shedding skin. Then I moved on to this. I don't really see a noticeable difference when I use or don't use it so it's a sort of if-I-remember thing. After two negative experiences with primers I'm not really overly looking to try any more.

Chanel Les Beiges - I moved onto this foundation after using a tester out of a magazine. It's long wearing and actually smells incredible. The coverage is medium so not terrible or amazing. I haven't really found a foundations that I love yet so when this runs out I'll probably move on to another. 

MAC Studio Finish Concealer - I love this concealer - it provides such good coverage. I have very uneven skin so a good concealer is a MUST. The only downside is that I bought it online so the shade is a little lighter than I'd like.

Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder - I'm not really sure I should be featuring this since there's almost none left, I'm not even sure when I use it that it actually works. It's probably one of my favourite make up purchases ever - maybe because it's so colourful, maybe because it's Bobbi Brown, maybe because it's amazing! It's not too powdery like some, it gives a nice matte but glowing look.

Hourglass Mood Exposure / NARS Orgasm - I literally alternate between these two blushers. I use Nars when I'm feeling a little more out-there as it has a bit of sparkle, and I use hourglass when I want something a little more muted. They're both amazing!

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Lightscapade and Otherearthly - The highlighters are both incredible. I originally had Soft & Gentle until it smashed, so for good precaution I bought 2 replacements. I mainly bought Otherearthly because it was limited edition and beautiful. It's incredible, the three colours come together beautifully and give a really nice shimmer. Lightscapade is a lot less shimmery so I tend to reach more for Otherearthly cause I can't resist the shimmer!


THE BROWS & EYES

NYX Eyebrow Pencil - I generally use this to draw the outline of my brows, it does what it says on the tin. As good as any other brow pencil!

Benefit Brow Zings Eyebrow Kit - When buying powder you get what you pay for! I tried using the L'Oreal kit for so long but everytime I picked it up it would smash a little more. Eventually I decided to get the benefit kit which was the best decision I ever made! I use shade 3 which is perfect - I mainly use the powder and don't use the tools because they're too small (unless you're a smurf).

Benefit Ready, Set, BROW! - Ok, this is AMAZING! It's basically clear gel that you use to keep brow hairs in place. It works so well and helps to keep your brows nice and tidy! Mine's teeny tiny because it was free out of a magazine but I will definitely be buying it!

here's the story of why I use 3 mascaras....

Maybelline Lash Sensational - I'd heard so many rave reviews about this mascara I knew I had to try it. But when I used it I was slightly disappointed because it's quite clumpy. Once you brush through, sure, your lashes look great; but the initial clumps kind of put me off.

Rimmel Wonder'Full - I decided to try something new because although the Maybelline mascara looks great eventually I was definitely put off by the clumps. So I was enticed in by this packaging and bought it. But it's TERRIBLE. Like the worst mascara I've ever used. There's nothing to it, it does nothing. I use it now as a sort of mascara base purely because I don't want to waste it.

Rimmel ScandalEyes - After my terrible experience with the Wonder'Full mascara I wanted to give Rimmel another chance. I didn't think it fair to judge on that one mascara when they have so many! It's a lot better than the other but not as good as Maybelline's. So I'm just as confused as when I started.


THE LIPS

MAC Viva Glam II - This is usually my go to daily lipstick. It's such a cute muted pink-beige colour. It's a nice soft colour, not too dark or light. And long lasting. I usually always wear matte lipsticks but I make an exception for this. 

MAC Velvet Teddy - Everybody's favourite. It's a deep beige colour which is a great colour for year round and very everyday. Easily one of my favourites!

Charlotte Tilbury Very Victoria - I'd been eyeing up Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks for a while because of the beautiful packaging. Even though this is one of my most used lip colours I was very disappointed with it. Considering its a matte colour it isn't very matte, and doesn't last as long as MAC lipsticks. But then would I buy another? Yes!

Kylie Cosmetics Koko K - When I finally got my hands on Kylie's Birthday Mini Mattes I was SO excited about Koko K and I wasn't disappointed. It's true matte, long lasting, and the cutest shade of pink. I'd definitely buy the full size version!

And there it is; my everyday make up!



Post a Comment

© Claudemorts. Design by Fearne.