Lake Bled in Photos

11 March 2017


If you'd mentioned Lake Bled to me this time last year I wouldn't have had a clue what you were talking about, but last May when I went to Croatia and I saw a preview of the excursion I had to go! It was a very spur of the moment trip as we hadn't planned on going beforehand and I'm SO glad that we did go.

It's one of the most serene and beautiful places I've ever been. The town is so peaceful it's easy to feel at home there; the mountains and trees make you feel closed in but the lake gives a sense of space, I felt so at ease here. When we arrived we immediately got a boat over to the island to the church - which is a surprisingly long journey! We took a stroll around the small island taking in the views before heading back. Once back on the mainland we found a small pizzeria for lunch which was such good value for money; it was a tiny place hidden in the backstreets. After this we headed up to the castle; the road up to it is quite steep and at time frightening but once there the views are breathtaking. I wish we could have stayed longer because all in all we were only there a few hours so I didn't really get to take in all that Bled had to offer.

If you ever get the chance to visit Lake Bled I would definitely recommend going.



Post a Comment

© Claudemorts. Design by Fearne.