5 Favourite Christmas Films

12 December 2016


Christmas films are the best! They're so festive and always put me in the Christmas spirit! There are SO many to choose from and it's difficult to limit to just five, but, here they are:


These three films are probably my all time favourite Christmas movies! I used to watch them on the Disney Channel when I was younger, and I'm guaranteed to watch them every year before Christmas. My favourite is probably 2, but honestly they're all so great!

Synopsis: Scott (Tim Allen) is forced to take over the job as Santa Claus when he and his son Charlie witness him falling off of the roof of their house. Soon Scott finds himself growing a white beard, putting on weight, and having to fulfill the role of Santa in the North Pole to deliver presents across the globe.


I've wanted to read this book forever as I love the film so much. There have been so many adaptations over the years but my favourite is the 2009 edition featuring Jim Carrey.

Synopsis: Old Ebenezer Scrooge (Jim Carrey) is the ultimate Christmas cynic. Until, one Christmas Eve he is visited by three ghosts: his past, present, and future. With the aim to rid Scrooge of his hatred for all things Christmas and bring him to love them instead. In order to do so, Scrooge must come face to face with himself over the years and what he is to become if he does not change.

Elf

Elf is such a feel good film. It's not for everybody as it's quite... stupid! But I'm a big fan of Will Ferrell so this is one of my favs!

Synopsis: Buddy (Will Ferrell) has spent his whole life believing that he's an elf after being brought up by Santa in the North Pole. However, the size difference between Buddy and the other elves becomes too apparent and Buddy has to come to terms with the fact that he is human. Buddy then takes a trip to New York City in search for his real father, needless to say, Buddy finds himself in some strange situations...

Love Actually

I've never really classed Love Actually as a Christmas film. It's just a film that happens to be set near to Christmas. Or maybe I tell myself that so I can watch it all year round. However, the rest of the world puts this in the Christmas category and it's one of my favourite films ever. Therefore, it's on the list!

Synopsis: Eight love stories involving dozens of characters are brought together over the lead up to Christmas. A recent widower, a failing marriage, an ageing rocker, a prime minister, and even a 10 year old boy! Their lives intertwine and so does their love.


When I first watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' I wasn't sure if I was going to like it because it's a 1940's black and white film (although it is now available in colour) and sometimes I find it hard to get into old movies. But but this such a nice film, it's so uplifting and a true Christmas classic!

Synopsis: George Bailey (James Stewart) has given up on his dreams and his planned suicide on Christmas Eve is intervened by his guardian angel, Clarence Odbody (Henry Travers). Clarence shows George all the lives he's touched and how different all his friends and family's lives would be if he had not been around. 



So there they are! My favourite movies to watch over Christmas. What are yours?



Post a Comment

© Claudemorts. Design by Fearne.